Taj Mahal Timing Visiting hours
Day time visiting hours for Taj Mahal
The timings of visiting the Taj Mahal are set by the Archaeological Survey of India. The timings are from sunrise to sunset. Tickets are available throughout the day from the western and eastern gate, and at the southern gate tickets are available from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The Taj Mahal is open six days a week to the public. When planning your visit do remember that the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays for general viewing and is is opened on Friday afternoon only for those who have to attend prayers at the Taj Mosque. Once inside, tourists can spend any number of hours inside the Taj complex from sunrise to sunset. Photography is permitted so take along your camera.
Night time visiting hours for Taj Mahal
Night time viewing of the Taj Mahal is an opportunity that many tourists miss out on because of the limited timings and the number of people allowed per night.
If you get a chance, don’t miss an opportunity to see the Taj Mahal at night.
Night viewing at the Taj Mahal is allowed only on five nights in a month. The five days, except for Fridays are:
- Rules under night viewing of Taj Mahal is allowed:
- Two days before the night of the full moon
- The actual night of the full moon
- Two days after the night of the full moon
- Night viewing of the Taj Mahal per night, is limited to a maximum of 400 people only.
- Visitors are divided into eight batches of 50 people each.
- There is also a time limit of 30 minutes set for each batch to view the Taj Mahal at night.